This is at Easter last year, notice my "flower bed"
I grew up with tons of inspiration for what a beautiful yard should look like. My parents were Care Takers for a gorgeous "ranch" with immaculate landscaping. It looked like something out of a magazine; in fact it should have been in one. I spent many summers working alongside my green-thumbed mother and a landscaping crew learning the tricks of the trade. Here are my goals for this year:
1) Grass covering 97% of my backyard. Would say 100% but I have two kids and two dogs, not likely.
2) 100% of my front yard covered in lush green grass.
3) My flower bed to actually be a flower bed so when we have BBQs people aren't walking in it because they don't know it was a flower bed... My fault for giving up on so quickly last year and planting late.
4) Berry garden with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. I have decided a raised bed will be best to keep my kids (and their little dogs too!) out of it so it can have a fighting chance this year. Not expecting a huge crop, that will come next year.
5) Permanently fencing in Anna and Zach's play area. Already started this, so it should be easy.
Stay tuned for some INCREDIBLE (haha) before and after photos at the end of the summer. I'm a stay at home mom now, what else do I have to do, right?
Here is my "before" picture for the year. Again, much, much better than when we moved in
but no where near where I hope to be by the end of the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment