Monday, November 22, 2010

Just waiting for you now...

I am 36 weeks pregnant now and so ready to meet my little boy.  The last week has been tough.  Last weekend I was feeling pretty sick and by Sunday night I was having trouble keeping food down and even standing for very long.  This combined with some other symptoms led Danny and I to the hospital.  I was given some pain medications and sent home.  Monday I followed up with my doctor and realized that my right kidney was not doing great and I was going into labor.  Tuesday I had surgery on my kidney where they found it was completely blocked by kidney stone #5 for this this pregnancy.  I had a stent put in and spent the most painful night of my life in the hospital.  The surgery went pretty well, but I was given terbutaline to stop the labor as I was 2cm dilated when I went in.  Wednesday I was released and have spent the last few days recovering and trying to take it easy as much as possible.  After the baby is born I will have to have a 2nd surgery to remove the stone and the stent.  The doctors did tell me that they won't stop me from going into labor anymore, so now we wait.  I am so excited to meet my little baby boy :).  Anna and I made cookies today hoping it might encourage Zach to come out.  She is such a great help and is very excited to be a big sister!



No comments:

Post a Comment